Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Older You Get


The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends. I am trying though. I don't think it is fair, that by the time I have my head together, my body is falling apart. I am going to prop it up though for a few more years if I can.
For me, it is all about eating things I like that taste good to me. I do not like rice cakes or just plain green salads. I like veggies with dips so I eat that instead of a salad or plain sliced tomatoes with just a little olive oil and chopped basil. You can have a nice treat today with all the snack things they have. Little Jello and pudding packs are nice and so are all the nice crackers and dried fruits you can get in small packets now. I need something to snack on that is sweet or salty, depending on what I am craving. So these work for me. Just a smear of peanut butter on a few crackers helps and so does freezing the pudding packs.

My diet for today:

Breakfast: Cold ceral (bite size shredded wheat) and a glass of orange juice

Lunch: A tomato sandwich with just a dab of Light mayo on the bread and a few lettuce leaves. I wanted whole wheat but we only had white so white it is. Whole wheat is so much better for you though. I cut it in half and put it on a fancy sandwich plate so I feel pampered. I might have one of those small snack packs of SF fruit,,they are only about 45 calories.

Dinner: Billy is grilling some sweet potatoes slices for me,,,I will add a deviled egg, some sliced tomatoes (from my garden) and a tiny piece of whatever meat he is grilling..He has decided to become The BBQ Champ of the Gulf Coast so the smell of the grilled food is killing me but a diet is a diet.

After Dinner I always have some sort of snack..I make a little more allwance on Sunday. Tonight I will have 1/4 cup of Blue Bell SF Vanilla on top of one half banana.

No comments: