Saturday, July 12, 2008

WILL THE REAL LEADER, PLEASE STAND UP


Gather Ye Rosebuds While You May is the name of this lovely painting by Waterhouse. I hope we are gathering ours now because it looks like tomorrow is going to be a scary place to be.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying,
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.
~ Robert Herrick

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.
- - - - Kurt Vonnegut


Soon we are going to find out which inmate is in charge of the asylum...and I got to tell you,,,neither Candidate warms the cockles of my heart. I've never been involved in politics as a rule, but I am a Christian and tend to lean toward the one who has a respect for others and knows that life is precious and shouldn't be fooled around with.

There are certain standards in this world that are proven to work for the human race. When we fall below them, our nation suffers.

We are on the brink of so many breakthroughs in Science and Medicine right now and what we allow or don't allow is certainly going to come back to bite us in the behind if we are not careful. Who we choose to put in charge right now, is tremendously important. So, I don't believe this is the time to vote with your emotions. Vote for the one who you honestly think, can do the best for our country. We need a leader right now, not a dreamer. We are way past Camelot.

7 comments:

Refreshment in Refuge said...

You are my kind of girl :)

smilnsigh said...

Same here...

And I have my own litmus test, so to speak. Which boils down to... Who do I feel can/will deal with Radical Islam, the way I see fit?

At this scary point in history, so many 'nice and neat' things, aren't as important as pure _survival_. IMHO, that is.

On occasion, something comes along, the intent and magnitude of which sort of sweeps everything else, off the table. Till _it_ is dealt with. I feel we are {and have been} at this point in history.

Again, in my humble opinion.

Miss Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

And yes, I have difficulty with my 'Pretty Blog Land' life ~ In that I began it, as a refuge from 'the woes of the world.' Which I really needed, then.

But so often, I feel embarrassed to be just 'smelling the roses,' in 'Pretty Blog Land.' -sigh- I feel like the ostrich and yes, I am thus. But I became so burn out, trying to "change hearts and minds" elsewhere. -sigh-

Where is the happy medium for me?

Maybe here, in such comments... Thank you for allowing me this!

Miss Mari-Nanci

Lucy Stern said...

I agree! I sit on the conservative side but I'm not sure John McCain is conservative enough for me.....I pray that our country remain safe from terrorists and that the Lord will bless us.

Lucy Stern said...

I agree! I sit on the conservative side but I'm not sure John McCain is conservative enough for me.....I pray that our country remain safe from terrorists and that the Lord will bless us.

Donna said...

I really feel Whoever gets elected...won't matter. The FED and other conglomerates dictate policy....in essence, they own us...money talks...sad. Safe and happy night sweetie!hughugs

Melissa said...

We are way past Camelot